Workflow and Process Management G (11529.1)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MS Rosetta ROMANO (Ph: +61 2 62012604 ) ON-CAMPUS
Workflows and processes form an integral part of organisations, defining business activities, operations, and information flows. Each organisation has different processes, with different customers, users, requirements, and constraints. This unit examines methodologies and techniques for business process management, including workflow modelling, process analysis, software systems for process management, and automation of business processes. Students will develop skills to communicate effectively with process workflow stakeholders, understand, describe, and improve process workflows, and design and implement automated process management systems. Students will also evaluate and assess the quality of process workflows, to justify and rationalise process workflow modifications and improvements.
This unit will be co-taught with 11481 Workflow and Process Management.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Describe and explain workflow and process models to non-technical and technical audiences;
2. Develop and refine process workflow models using business process modelling activities and techniques;
3. Design and develop process management systems based on process workflows;
4. Analyse processes and identify opportunities for process improvement and automation;
5. Explain and apply advanced process management system features and functionality;
6. Evaluate and assess the quality of process workflows; and
7. Explain and justify process workflow improvements.
Two hours of lectures and two hours of laboratories on campus per week.
6677 Systems Analysis and Modelling G
Fundamental computer skills (such as internet browsing, email, word processing).
11481 Workflow and Process Management (UG)
6674 Document and Workflow Management G