Technology Capstone Research Project PG (11522.1)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Ahmed IMRAN (Ph: +61 2 62012198 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Ahmed IMRAN (Ph: +61 2 62012198 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 DR Ahmed IMRAN (Ph: +61 2 62012198 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Ahmed IMRAN (Ph: +61 2 62012198 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (192335) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (192461) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Students will have the opportunity undertake a technology focussed research project. The capstone project will enable students to develop their theoretical knowledge further in an area of interest. Through critical analysis and synthesis of research findings, the students will be able to apply their knowledge in a unique research context to understand how research could improve and advance the body of knowledge related to technology.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically reason and analyse a reasonably complex problem;
2. Use research methodologies in solving complex problems;
3. Use appropriate research tools, resources and technologies;
4. Differentiate between qualitative and quantitative methods in research; and
5. Disseminate research findings.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2020
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- A. Project Proposal and Plan (Group) (15% )
- B. Weekly Log and reflection (Individual) (15% )
- C. Engagement and Participation (individual) (10% )
- D. Peer evaluation (Individual) (2% (for valid submission) )
- E1. Poster (Group) (15% )
- E2. Oral Presentation (Group) (15% )
- E3. Final Report (Group) (28% )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 1, 2020
Two hours of lectures and 30 minutes of supervisor-led project on campus per week.
Must have completed 24 credit points at G or PG level, including 6797 Inf. Sc. Research Methodology PG.
9785 Information & Communication Technology Project