Small Business Management G (11509.2)
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Summer Semester DR Abu SALEH (Ph: +61 2 62012187 ) ONLINE 2020 Semester 1 DR Gary GRANT (Ph: ) ONLINE 2020 Winter Term DR Gary GRANT (Ph: ) ONLINE 2020 Semester 2 DR Gary GRANT (Ph: ) ONLINE 2021 Summer Semester DR Gary GRANT (Ph: ) ONLINE 2021 Semester 1 DR Gary GRANT (Ph: ) ONLINE 2021 Winter Term DR Gary GRANT (Ph: ) ONLINE 2021 Semester 2 DR Gary GRANT (Ph: ) ONLINE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ONLINE, BRUCE (198106) - View
- Winter Term, 2020, ONLINE, BRUCE (198104) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ONLINE, BRUCE (198092) - View
- Summer Semester, 2019/20, ONLINE, BRUCE (198110) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (192247) - View
- Winter Term, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (192249) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (192246) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Small business plays a vital role in the Australian economy, accounting for more than 30% of production and almost 50% of employment in the non-financial private sector. The aim of this unit is to provide students with the theoretical and practical aspects of small business management. Specifically, this unit examines the management of small businesses including how to develop a business idea, financing and launching a small business, surviving the early years, managing an established small business, and the planning process including strategies for growth and/or expansion.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply concepts, theories, skills and experience to complex real-life challenges involved in establishing and managing a small business, demonstrating initiative, responsibility, accountability, creativity and reflective practice;
2. Compare different forms of entrepreneurial theory and practice and their role for idea and small business development;
3. Formulate and evaluate a business plan for a small business;
4. Evaluate and communicate the different forms of financing and funding for small business in Australia;
5. Prepare and critically evaluate a marketing plan for a small business; and
6. Identify, analyse and apply ethical and social responsibility issues and concerns in a small business management and professional context.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Winter Term, 2020
- Semester 1, 2020
- Summer Semester, 2019/20
To be advised.