Software Systems Architecture (11491.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 MRS Richa AWASTHY (Ph: +61 2 62015453 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 MRS Richa AWASTHY (Ph: +61 2 62015453 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191694) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit, the students will learn how to produce software architecture design from system requirements; The course covers terms, concepts and techniques used in the design of software architectures, including architectural requirements, architectural styles, architecture documentation and architecture evaluation. Students will learn about the role of architecture and architects in software engineering. Modern architectures such as service-oriented and cloud architecture and wireless systems architecture are also covered in detail.
This unit will be co-taught with unit 8746 Software Systems Architecture G.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a firm understanding of the principles of software architecture, architectural best-practices, and how architecture is used in modern software engineering;
2. Understand the role of a software architect in software engineering practice;
3. Examine and compare various architecture styles and solutions;
4. Design an architecture that reflects and balances the different needs of its stakeholders; and
5. Communicate the architecture to stakeholders and demonstrate that it has met their requirements.
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGIT01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- 344JA Bachelor of Engineering in Network and Software Engineering (Honours)
- 322AA Bachelor of Information Technology
- 560AA Bachelor of Software Engineering
- 838AA Bachelor of Software Engineering/Bachelor of Business Informatics