Software Systems Architecture (11491.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 MRS Richa AWASTHY (Ph: +61 2 62015453 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (196673) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191694) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit, the students will learn how to produce software architecture design from system requirements; The course covers terms, concepts and techniques used in the design of software architectures, including architectural requirements, architectural styles, architecture documentation and architecture evaluation. Students will learn about the role of architecture and architects in software engineering. Modern architectures such as service-oriented and cloud architecture and wireless systems architecture are also covered in detail.
This unit will be co-taught with unit 8746 Software Systems Architecture G.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a firm understanding of the principles of software architecture, architectural best-practices, and how architecture is used in modern software engineering;
2. Understand the role of a software architect in software engineering practice;
3. Examine and compare various architecture styles and solutions;
4. Design an architecture that reflects and balances the different needs of its stakeholders; and
5. Communicate the architecture to stakeholders and demonstrate that it has met their requirements.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
Lecture - 2 hrs per week Tutorial - 1 hour per week
11486 Systems Analysis and Modelling
Basic understanding of software systems and their types. Some programming experience in a language such as Java or C#.
8746 Software Systems Architecture G.
8745 Software Systems Architecture
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGIT01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- 344JA Bachelor of Engineering in Network and Software Engineering (Honours)
- 322AA Bachelor of Information Technology
- 560AA Bachelor of Software Engineering
- 838AA Bachelor of Software Engineering/Bachelor of Business Informatics