Information Security (11487.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Dale KLEEMAN (Ph: +61 2 62012427 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193954) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, GBCA-MELB (191672) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191671) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit examines the information security threats and vulnerabilities of IT-based information systems. A risk management approach is used to develop an understanding of the policies, practices and technologies needed to provide for an appropriate level of security. Information security policy is considered and the various security needs, from managerial to technical, are examined in the context of current and future information systems.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand organisational information security practices;
2. Analyse information security risks in personal and organisational situations and report on this analysis, as appropriate; and
3. Participate in the design of information security requirements.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- UC - Global Business College of Australia, Melbourne
Up to 39 hours per semester. The ONLINE offering of this unit is only available to students in the Bachelor of Information and Mainframe Technology.
11486 Systems Analysis and Modelling
7162 Information Security
- 706AA Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGIT01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- 322AA Bachelor of Information Technology
- ITB001 Bachelor of Information and Mainframe Technology
- 560AA Bachelor of Software Engineering
- 838AA Bachelor of Software Engineering/Bachelor of Business Informatics