Fundamentals for Building Construction Management (11483.1)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Larry HU (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193344) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191744) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This subject introduces and develops the student's foundation academic and technical skills relevant to the building construction industry. Hands-on activities within the workshop environmental will assist in critical knowledge and skill development. The unit will also cover occupational health and safety principles, devices, systems, regulations, legislations and approaches used for developing and maintaining a safe work environment and a healthy career in the industry.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Define the physical and chemical properties of various materials used in the building construction industry;
2. Apply numerical processes to solve fundamental building construction management problems;
3. Develop and report on monitoring schemes used to assess the workplace environment; and
4. Communicate, through written means, how codes and risk assessment processes can be used to develop and maintain and safe and healthy work environment.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
One 1 hour lecture and 2 hours of laboratory class activities on campus per week.
- 912AA Bachelor of Arts in Architecture
- 793AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
- 992AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 818AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Commerce
- 221JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 222JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 223JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 224JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 280JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 369JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Journalism
- 821AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 822AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Management
- 357JA Bachelor of Building and Construction Management
- 206JA Bachelor of Design
- 215JA Bachelor of Heritage, Museums and Conservation
- 288JA Bachelor of Industrial Design
- 289JA Bachelor of Interior Architecture
- 320JA Bachelor of Journalism
- 290JA Bachelor of Landscape Design
- 984AA Bachelor of Writing