Workflow and Process Management (11481.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 MS Rosetta ROMANO (Ph: +61 2 62012604 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (200477) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (192304) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Workflows and processes form an integral part of organisations, defining business activities, operations, and information flows. Each organisation has different processes, with different customers, users, requirements, and constraints. This unit examines methodologies and techniques for business process management, including workflow modelling, process analysis, software systems for process management, and automation of business processes. Students will develop skills to communicate effectively with process workflow stakeholders, understand, describe, and improve process workflows, and design and implement automated process management systems.
This unit may be cotaught with 11529 Workflow and Process Management G.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Describe and explain workflow and process models to non-technical and technical audiences;
2. Develop and refine process workflow models using business process modelling activities and techniques;
3. Design and develop process management systems based on process workflows;
4. Analyse processes and identify opportunities for process improvement and automation; and
5. Explain and apply advanced process management system features and functionality.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2021
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Group Assignment - Process Modelling in Pega (30% )
- Individual Assignment - Implementing a workflow in Pega (25% )
- Pega Quiz - Pega sample certification exam (10% )
- 12 Pega weekly quizzes (starting from Week 2 through to Week 13 inclusive). (30% )
- Presentation of individual assignment (recorded) (5% )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2021
Two hours of lectures and two hours of laboratories on campus per week.
11486 Systems Analysis and Modelling.
Fundamental computer skills (such as internet browsing, email, word processing).
11529 Workflow and Process Management G.
6388 Document and Workflow Management.
Work Integrated Learning