Workflow and Process Management (11481.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MS Rosetta ROMANO (Ph: +61 2 62012604 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 MS Rosetta ROMANO (Ph: +61 2 62012604 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (192304) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Workflows and processes form an integral part of organisations, defining business activities, operations, and information flows. Each organisation has different processes, with different customers, users, requirements, and constraints. This unit examines methodologies and techniques for business process management, including workflow modelling, process analysis, software systems for process management, and automation of business processes. Students will develop skills to communicate effectively with process workflow stakeholders, understand, describe, and improve process workflows, and design and implement automated process management systems.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Describe and explain workflow and process models to non-technical and technical audiences;
2. Develop and refine process workflow models using business process modelling activities and techniques;
3. Design and develop process management systems based on process workflows;
4. Analyse processes and identify opportunities for process improvement and automation; and
5. Explain and apply advanced process management system features and functionality.
Two hours of lectures and two hours of laboratories on campus per week.
11486 Systems Analysis and Modelling
Fundamental computer skills (such as internet browsing, email, word processing).
6388 Document and Workflow Management