Indigenous Health: Contemporary Issues PG (11478.1)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Midwifery|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Physio Non Standard Period 1 DR Jaquelin BOUSIE (Ph: +61 2 62012035 ) FLEXIBLE 2020 Winter Term MS Rebekah BOWMAN (Ph: +61 2 62063960 ) FLEXIBLE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2020, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (194850) - View
- Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2020, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (198730) - View
- Winter Term, 2019, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (190664) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit responds to the national imperative to close the gap on Indigenous Australians health disparities. This unit will critically explore contemporary contexts of health impacting the well-being of Indigenous Australians, with a focus on childbearing women.
- On completion of the unit, the student will: Critically analyse historical and contemporary contexts that impact on relationships between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and non-Indigenous Australians and create barriers to community well-being;
- Demonstrate and apply advanced knowledge, skills and attitudes for culturally safe engagement with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and;
- Propose strategies to address disparities between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians that the student identifies through critical interpretation of data.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2020
- Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2020
- Winter Term, 2019
3 hours of seminars and flexible online learning per week