Professional Orientation (Psychology) (11474.1)
|Level:||Introductory Unit Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Psychology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 DR Andrew FLOOD (Ph: ) FLEXIBLE 2019 Semester 2 DR Samantha STANLEY (Ph: +61 2 62015590 ) FLEXIBLE 2020 Semester 1 DR Andrew FLOOD (Ph: ) FLEXIBLE 2020 Semester 2 DR Samantha STANLEY (Ph: +61 2 62015590 ) FLEXIBLE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Professional Orientation (Psychology) supports you in preparing for your academic and professional lives. This unit outlines foundational academic skills relating to research, integrity and conduct as a university student studying psychology. By providing you with an insight into the skills and attributes relevant to a career in psychology, this unit will also address aspects of career planning and preparation.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify the personal skills, capabilities and knowledge necessary to meet the work standards expected by psychology graduates in the workplace, and develop a personal and academic plan to achieve these;
2. Map out their academic and professional trajectories over the next five years in an ePortfolio;
3. Demonstrate a capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team; and
4. Apply American Psychological Association referencing conventions.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2019
- On-Campus Activities (Optional) and Online Content (FLEXIBLE)
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 2, 2019
One 2 hour lecture and ten 1 hour interactive workshops across the semester in flexible delivery mode.
9799 Foundations of Professional Planning
- ARSC01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCSC03 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 780AA Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCHL01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)
- SCSC01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Laws
- 358JA Diploma of Health