Science and Technology Internship (12cp) (11473.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Kumudu MUNASINGHE (Ph: +61 2 62012926 ) INTERNPLCE 2020 Semester 2 DR Kumudu MUNASINGHE (Ph: +61 2 62012926 ) INTERNPLCE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (194211) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (190585) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (190584) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit the student will engage in an internship with a business or government organisation. The internship should involve at least 12 weeks of full-time work or part-time equivalent. Working in a real organisation, the student can practice and extend the skills and knowledge they have acquired throughout their course. In addition, they will gain a comprehensive understanding of the complexities of professional life. Students will perform work activities relevant to the subject matter of their course, helping to link the course with workplace practices and enhancing employability.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the acquisition of work experience and transferable skills through extended engagement in the workplace;
2. Communicate, interact and work effectively and professionally with colleagues;
3. Demonstrate engagement with authentic professional work problem-solving by using methods and theories gained in the course;
4. Critically reflect upon and evaluate work practices, standards and cultures;
5. Evaluate their own professional development towards graduate capability; and
6. Demonstrate the development of new skills and the refinement of current skills.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
Regular contact with on-campus advisor (face to face or electronic communications) - Up to 4 hours total. On-campus contact during the semester - Up to 2 hours total. Industry placement in the workplace - 12+ weeks of full time work (or equivalent).
This unit is only available to students in the Bachelor of Information Technology, Bachelor of Software Engineering and Bachelor of Business Informatics.
Students must have passed 48 credit points before requesting permission to enrol from the Unit Convener.
7899 Information Sciences Internship
10152 Information Sciences Internship (Extended)
7900 Information Sciences Internship PG
8717 Business Informatics Internship