Legal Advice Clinic PG (11453.1)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Law School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Winter Term DR Maree SAINSBURY (Ph: +61 2 62015797 ) INTERNPLCE 2020 Semester 2 DR Maree SAINSBURY (Ph: +61 2 62015797 ) INTERNPLCE 2021 Semester 1 DR Maree SAINSBURY (Ph: +61 2 62015797 ) INTERNPLCE 2021 Winter Term DR Maree SAINSBURY (Ph: +61 2 62015797 ) INTERNPLCE 2021 Semester 2 DR Maree SAINSBURY (Ph: +61 2 62015797 ) INTERNPLCE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (190758) - View
- Winter Term, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (194860) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (190756) - View
- Winter Term, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (192589) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (190653) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Students will attend the Legal Clinic and assist a registered practitioner in a variety of tasks, designed to enhance the student's contextual understanding of the law and legal system through exposure to real legal problems. These tasks may include:
- Client interviewing
- Conducting legal research to respond to client need
- Drafting letters of advice
- Preparing materials for community legal education through the clinic
- Policy and reform work arising out of issues presented at the clinic
This unit may be co-taught with an undergraduate version of the unit.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply legal principles to tasks under supervision of a licensed legal practitioner;
2. Conduct research to solve a real legal problem;
3. Reflect on the study and practice of law; and
4. Successfully communicate their reflections or research through a presentation.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Winter Term, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Winter Term, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
Clinic placement - 3 hours per week.
This unit is only available to students in the Juris Doctor course.
Enrolment must be approved by the unit convener.
Students must have passed 11431 Foundations of Law and Justice AND 11435 Torts Law G, or equivalent, AND an additional 27 credit points of Law units.