Digital Marketing PG (11424.2)
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Irfan KHAN (Ph: +61 2 62012742 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Irfan KHAN (Ph: +61 2 62012742 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197627) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (190452) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
You will engage in this unit with new and emerging technologies and as well as relevant areas of existing knowledge. The unit provides you with a framework for understanding the forces driving the digital revolution in marketing and business. It enables you to critically evaluate the many new tools, challenges and techniques needed to update conventional marketing approaches. Topics covered include: customisation and community building, the role and scope of the internet in marketing research, security issues and electronic payment systems, business models for internet commerce, database integration and the importance of the internet and intranets in business to business marketing. Pricing issues and regulatory issues will also be discussed, as well as generating site traffic through a variety of means. The role of social media as part of an integrated marketing strategy will be explored in detail as well as virtual reality platforms that are used in digital marketing.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically evaluate marketing strategies in a variety of e-commerce marketing settings and provide practical solutions to the problems that you have identified.
2. Assess elements of good website design and apply theoretical foundations to recommend improvements in the online presence of large and small businesses and organisations in Australia as well as globally.
3.Critically analyse current issues in digital marketing and propose recommendations for improvement.
4. Analyse and critically evaluate the impact of disruptive technologies in digital marketing contexts and provide solutions how organisations can deal with these.
5. Critically apply theory to develop strategies to create site traffic in a variety of business settings.
6. Evaluate and compare entrepreneurial business processes that may emerge in the future and assess their impact on marketing strategies of both domestic and global businesses and organisations.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2020
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2020
3 hours per week.
11179 Digital Marketing AND 6379 Internet Marketing