Professional Evidence (Health) (11402.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Faculty of Health|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 MR Billy MASON (Ph: +61 2 62015432 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198744) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191865) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This capstone unit provides students with an opportunity to produce a major project in an area of interest related to their discipline of study or on behalf of an industry body.
Students will engage in high-level research projects in collaboration with internal or external stakeholders as a means of developing real-world outcomes which benefit industry partners and contribute to students' professional development. Students will demonstrate their ability to apply professional ethics and responsibility within this unit and project as well the integration and translation of their academic and disciplinary knowledge and skills. Students will reflect on the value and outputs of their learning across the course of their degree through their portfolio.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate career-readiness, a clear professional identity, and insight into the skills, knowledge and personal attributes necessary to meet the standards of performance and practice expected by their profession;
2. Critically reflect on their learning and development of skills throughout their course of study and consider ongoing development into professional life;
3. Critically analyse the impact of individual actions on others in professional settings and the impact of the profession on society;
4. Design and execute a project to a professional standard acceptable in their field of study;
5. Communicate project results in a form acceptable to their health discipline; and
6. Synthesise and translate high-level conceptual health knowledge to develop and deliver useful solutions to real-world problems.
- UC - Canberra, Bruce
Three hour interactive workshop per week.
Students must have passed at least 48 credit points.
- HLB103 Bachelor of Health Science
- HLB101 Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)
- HLHL01 Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)/ Bachelor of Human Nutrition
- HLMG01 Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)/ Bachelor of Sports Management
- HLB102 Bachelor of Health Science (Nutrition Studies)
- 686AA Bachelor of Human Nutrition
- SCHL01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)