Professional Practice (Health) 1 (11401.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Faculty of Health|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Tanya LAWLIS (Ph: +61 2 62068911 ) INTERNPLCE 2020 Semester 2 DR Tanya LAWLIS (Ph: +61 2 62068911 ) INTERNPLCE 2020 Semester 2 DR Tanya LAWLIS (Ph: +61 2 62068911 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (198737) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (190280) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (190279) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students will work with academics, peers and potential industry partners to apply their learning in real-world contexts, develop employability skills and training and strengthen the disciplinary skills and knowledge needed to contribute to and excel in their professions. Authentic learning experiences may include simulated workplace experiences, industry collaborations, internships, group projects and/or related course work.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Reflect on and analyse professional ethical codes, standards of conduct and legal parameters as practised in the workplace and in professional settings; and
2. Apply disciplinary skills and knowledge in real-world contexts and critically analyse this process;
3. Practice the principles of collaboration with peers and colleagues to achieve effective and innovative outcomes;
4. Design a project to a professional acceptable standard relevant to their field of study; and
5. Synthesise discipline knowledge and skills to develop innovative solutions to real-world health issues.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2020
Internship/Placement,possibly with On-Campus Activities (INTERNPLCE)
- Industry Project Assessment 1: Industry Project Needs Assessment and Workplans (Total: 35% 1a. Needs Assessment Summary: 10% 1b. Needs Assessment: 25% )
- Industry Project Assessment 2: Pitching your Ideas (25% )
- Industry Project Assessment 3: Critical Reflection and Professional e-Portfolio (Total: 40% 3a. Pre-ESCM-SAT: 5% 3b. Post-ESCM-SAT: 5% 3c. Critical Reflection: 20% 3d. Professional e-Portfolio: 10% )
- International Internship Assessment 1: End of Internship Presentation (40% )
- International Internship Assessment 2: Professional e-Portfolio and Critical Reflection (Total: 60% 2a. Critical Reflection: 40% 2b. Professional e-Portfolio: 20% )
- Internship/Placement,possibly with On-Campus Activities (INTERNPLCE)
- Semester 1, 2020
Two hour interactive workshops per week.
This unit is only available to students in a Bachelors program in the Faculty of Health.
Students must have passed at least 24 credit points, including 11400 Professional Orientation (Health) OR 11474 Professional Orientation (Psychology).
- ARSC01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- HLB101 Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)
- HLHL01 Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)/ Bachelor of Human Nutrition
- HLMG01 Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)/ Bachelor of Sports Management
- HLB102 Bachelor of Health Science (Nutrition Studies)
- 686AA Bachelor of Human Nutrition
- SCSC03 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 158JA Bachelor of Public Health
- 780AA Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCHL01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)
- SCSC01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Laws