Introduction to Research in the Health Sciences (11398.1)
|Level:||Introductory Unit Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Psychology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 DR Janie BUSBY GRANT (Ph: +61 2 62063818 ) FLEXIBLE 2020 Semester 2 DR Janie BUSBY GRANT (Ph: +61 2 62063818 ) FLEXIBLE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (190274) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students will be introduced to the research methods used in the health sciences. The unit covers the research process, experimental and quasi-experimental methods, survey and correlational research, hypothesis testing and statistical inference. Students will also be introduced to a statistical program.
After successful completion of this unit, students will:
1. Have an understanding of the major types of research methods used in the health sciences and the advantages and disadvantages of each;
2. Be aware of some of the issues affecting the reliability and validity of research designs; and
3. Be able to enter data in a statistical package and produce and interpret basic statistical analyses.
- ARSC01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- HLB101 Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)
- HLHL01 Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)/ Bachelor of Human Nutrition
- HLMG01 Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)/ Bachelor of Sports Management
- HLB102 Bachelor of Health Science (Nutrition Studies)
- 686AA Bachelor of Human Nutrition
- 319JA Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Medical Imaging)
- 373JA Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- 202JA Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- SCSC03 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 158JA Bachelor of Public Health
- 780AA Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCHL01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)
- SCSC01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Laws
- 358JA Diploma of Health