BGL Industry Project PG (11397.2)
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (190469) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
BGL Industry Project PG is a capstone unit that provides career experience and an opportunity for students to invent a practical solution - as either individuals or as a team - for a complex real problem facing an industry or community partner. Projects are completed on campus under the supervision of academic staff, but deliver a brief to the client. Projects are multi-disciplinary and not only apply technical knowledge and skills, but also develops skills in project management, client liaison and working collaboratively across disciplines.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Curate evidence of professional practice acquired throughout their course to demonstrate learning development and critically reflect on the application of their learning and development in their professional lives;
2. Research, analyse and apply planning and management innovation to organizational change using cognitive, technical and creative skills;
3. Research and apply theory of industry best practice in the analysis of a contemporary challenge in a case study organization;
4. Apply experience in professional management of work and organisation demonstrating skill, creativity and initiative in new situations;
5. Demonstrate entrepreneurial skills including creativity, initiative, critical thinking, adaptability, leadership, and resourcefulness; and
6. Demonstrate a capacity to advocate and support ethical, socially responsible and sustainable business decisions in a complex organisational environment and demonstrate a high level of personal autonomy and accountability.
This unit involves an industry project with associated 'set meetings' with the Unit Convener as set facilitator and other students in the Unit as set members.
Students must have completed a minimum of 21 credit points AND 9505 Research Methods PG
Students must have a broad and in-depth knowledge of business including Business Decision Making, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Human Resource Management, Marketing and Research Methods and have completed a minimum of 21 credit points with a credit average.
- MGC001 Graduate Certificate in Accounting
- MGG001 Graduate Diploma in Accounting
- 723AA Master of Business Administration
- 723AL Master of Business Administration (Bhutan)
- 723AE Master of Business Administration (Ningbo)
- MGM102 Master of Business Administration (Plus)
- 723AF Master of Business Administration (Shanghai)
- MGM201 Master of Human Resource Management
- MGM401 Master of International Business
- MGM301 Master of Marketing Management
- 297JA Master of Professional Accounting