Language Teaching Experience G (11382.1)
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Deborah HILL (Ph: +61 2 62012626 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 DR Deborah HILL (Ph: +61 2 62012626 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (194173) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (190189) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students will have the opportunity to develop their language teaching skills through class observations, peer observations, tutoring and/or working as assistant teacher, and microteaching. In workshops, students will report on and discuss their practical experience with peers, learn how to plan lessons, and put teaching methods into practice.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate teaching skills appropriate to a variety of language learning contexts;
2. Prepare and present effective lessons to language learners;
3. Recognise the practical dimensions of language through observations and practice; and
4. Reflect critically on their own teaching, the various roles teachers play and their professional responsibilities.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2020
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2020
Up to 3 hours of interactive workshop(s) on campus per week.
Students must be enrolled in or have already passed 11381 Language Teaching Methodology G.
8094 Language Teaching Experience G
- EDC301 Graduate Certificate in TESOL and Foreign Language Teaching (FLT)
- EDG301 Graduate Diploma in TESOL and Foreign Language Teaching (FLT)
- EDM301 Master of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) & Foreign Language Teaching (FLT)
- EDM302 Master of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) & Foreign Language Teaching (FLT)