Language Teaching Methodology G (11381.1)
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Elke STRACKE (Ph: +61 2 62012492 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 DR Elke STRACKE (Ph: +61 2 62012492 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (194106) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (190184) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is an introduction to the principles of learning and teaching English and other languages in an era of globalisation and technological developments. The unit takes a practical approach, addressing a number of contemporary approaches to language pedagogy across all ages and levels. Based on the view of language as a fundamental tool for communicating meaning, the unit engages students in a discussion of the cultural and social contexts of language learning and teaching, and encourages them to take a principled, engaging, creative, and analytical approach to language pedagogy.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Describe contemporary approaches to language learning and teaching in a globalised world;
2. Explain how the key concepts and terminology in the field of language pedagogy can be applied in a variety of contexts;
3. Apply/Design language learning tasks using key concepts; and
4. Express their own beliefs about language pedagogy.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- EDC301 Graduate Certificate in TESOL and Foreign Language Teaching (FLT)
- EDG301 Graduate Diploma in TESOL and Foreign Language Teaching (FLT)
- EDM301 Master of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) & Foreign Language Teaching (FLT)
- EDM302 Master of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) & Foreign Language Teaching (FLT)