Foundations of Robotics (11370.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Damith HERATH (Ph: +61 2 62068324 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 DR Damith HERATH (Ph: +61 2 62068324 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198330) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
As the technology matures, robots will become ubiquitous in the society playing a major role in shaping our everyday lives. With the advent of Industry 4.0, robotics is set to disrupt numerous industries and create new ones. This introductory unit exposes students to the exciting world of robotics through a series of hands on projects covering major themes in robotics. Students will gain an understanding of various sensors used in mobile robotics, actuation and technologies related to robot navigation. Key hardware and software tools used by researchers and the industry in robot development will also be introduced.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand the industry;
2. Apply principles and techniques in varied application domains related to IT and Engineering;
3. Formulate solutions to solve problems related to robotics and automation;
4. Evaluate the current practice and predict future trends; and
5. Demonstrate conversance in key soft skills, such as communication, analysis and inquiry, problem solving, independent and group working, professionalism and social responsibility.
Two hour interactive workshop and two hour laboratory on-campus per week.
Must have passed 24 credit points including unit 4478 Introduction to Information Technology or equivalent.
Introductory programming skills.