Curriculum and Assessment in Primary Education G (11336.1)
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 MS Sally RULE (Ph: +61 2 62068305 ) ON-CAMPUS 2019 Semester 2 MS Sally RULE (Ph: +61 2 62068305 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 MS Sally RULE (Ph: +61 2 62068305 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 MS Sally RULE (Ph: +61 2 62068305 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (190064) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184905) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to the curriculum from various perspectives: the political influences upon curriculum, curriculum design and in particular the role of curriculum in planning, assessing and reporting student learning experiences.
This learning is the focus of 10 days supervised professional experience in a primary setting.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically analyse the curriculum in terms of: a) factors influencing its design, b) structural design of the curriculum, and c) ease of implementation;
2. Understand and apply principles of curriculum when designing lessons that utilise elements of quality pedagogy;
3. Analyse and design learning area specific assessment strategies (informal, formal, diagnostic, formative and summative) to inform future teaching;
Upon successful completion of Professional Experience Pre-service Teachers will be able to: 4. Interpret student assessment data to evaluate student learning and modify teaching practice;
5. Demonstrate use of principles for effective feedback; and
6. Describe strategies used for reporting to students and parents/caregivers and the purpose of keeping accurate and reliable records of student achievement.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
A mix of 3 hours of lectures, tutorials and workshops on campus per week. 10 days practicum.
This unit is only available to students in the Master of Primary Teaching course. Students must have passed or be enrolled in 11349 Positive Learning Environments in Primary Education.