Negotiation and Sales Management G (11332.2)
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Majharul TALUKDER (Ph: +61 2 62012702 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Majharul TALUKDER (Ph: +61 2 62012702 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197911) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (190406) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Negotiation and Sales Management examines the theoretical and conceptual frameworks and provides you with the skills required for effective sales and negotiation management. You will examine the theoretical foundations of negotiation and sales management and develop a comprehensive negotiation and sales plan for an organisation of your choice. You will also enhance your interpersonal and communication skills through practical exercises such as negotiation simulations and sales force planning exercises. You will be able to critically analyse and evaluate different negotiation and sales strategies and reflect on your own strengths and weaknesses as a negotiator.
This unit may be co-taught with 11177 Negotiation and Sales Management.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically analyse the theoretical and conceptual frameworks for negotiations in different cultural settings;
2. Compare and evaluate effective negotiations and sales strategies in a variety of business settings;
3. Develop high level persuasive oral and written communication skills appropriate to a variety of sales and negotiation settings;
4. Evaluate and critically reflect on the key tools of successful negotiators, including yourself;
5. Critically review approaches to sales force management including the use of digital platforms; and
6. Critically evaluate ethical issues in negotiation and sales management based on contemporary case studies.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
Three hours of interactive workshops on-campus per week.
11171 Negotiation and Sales Management.