Financial Plans and Risk Management (11327.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Ian MACLEAN (Ph: +61 2 62015285 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184833) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills to prepare a best practice Statement of Advice, as well as implement and review recommendations made to clients. Students will have an understanding of the ethical, legal and professional requirements of providing comprehensive financial advice and be able to demonstrate effective client communication skills, conduct client and product research, and develop strategies for clients with unique needs. The unit explores risk management strategies including life and general insurance.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify specific legal requirements governing the provision of financial advice in Australia and appropriately apply them in the preparation of Statements of Advice;
2. Construct effective financial plans for clients;
3. Demonstrate effective communication, professional skills, and knowledge required to manage client-advisor relationships;
4. Analyse a client's situation to identify client's goals and suitable products;
5. Set up and evaluate simulated financial strategies, including life, health and general insurance and risk management strategies, and products; and
6. Synthesise relevant information to prepare and present a best practice Statements of Advice.
One 2 hour lecture and one 1 hour tutorial on-campus per week.
11229 Superannuation, Retirement and Estate Planning
9986 Financial Plans and Risk Management