Introduction to Events and Tourism (11321.2)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - TAFE NSW Northern Sydney, St Leonard's
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Naomi DALE (Ph: +61 2 62015480 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Naomi DALE (Ph: +61 2 62015480 ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Naomi DALE (Ph: +61 2 62015480 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, NSI-SL (198193) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198192) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, NSI-SL (192664) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, NSI-SL (184645) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184644) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to concepts and theories underpinning the study of events and tourism. Students will explore the role of events and tourism for destinations and the evolution and structure of the event and tourism industries. Students will be introduced to the concepts of demand and supply, sustainability and risk management.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a conceptual understanding of the nature, extent and importance of events and tourism and the events and tourism industries;
2. Demonstrate awareness of interdisciplinary and other approaches to the study and analysis of events and tourism;
3. Demonstrate knowledge of the structure, functions, operations and interactions of sectors in the events and tourism industries;
4. Demonstrate knowledge of the key elements of event and tourism management; and
5. Apply teamwork skills.
- UC - Canberra, Bruce
- UC - TAFE NSW Northern Sydney, St Leonard's
Three hours of one 2 hour lecture and one 1 hour tutorial on-campus per week.
9470 Introduction to Events and Tourism.