Event Management (11320.2)
|Level:||Advanced Unit Level|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Business|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Tracey DICKSON (Ph: +61 2 62012465 ) INTENSIVE
UC - TAFE NSW Northern Sydney, St Leonard's
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Tracey DICKSON (Ph: +61 2 62012465 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, NSI-SL (191649) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (191923) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit examines event management for tourism, cultural, business and special events. Topics to be covered include the planning and design of events, programming and marketing and communication strategies. Areas to comprehend include venue selection, speakers, bidding, registration, programming, scheduling, sponsorship and marketing. Focus will be given to the impact of events on the tourism industry.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Explain all the components and various roles involved in planning, organising, running and evaluating an event;
2. Apply the theory and skills necessary to professionally plan, organise and run a business event; and
3. Understand the importance of strategic planning for an event or festival, including monitoring and evaluating the impacts on the wider community etc.
One 2 hour lecture and one 1 hour tutorial on-campus per week.
11322 Event Development
7016 Event Management