|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Law School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MRS Jane DIEDRICKS (Ph: +61 2 62015643 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 MRS Jane DIEDRICKS (Ph: +61 2 62015643 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191506) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184641) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit draws on ideas developed at the Harvard Negotiation Project and other types of negotiating methods. Students will learn how to put the theory of negotiation into practice, in order to improve their effectiveness as negotiators. Students will be engaged in role-play simulations; exercises and discussions; and the practice of negotiation by using a range of different types of negotiation methods.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply and evaluate theories of negotiation through the processes and the practice of negotiation;
2. Identify and analyse cultural, ethical and power relations issues as they relate to negotiation;
3. Apply theories of negotiation by taking a practice based approach to develop effective strategies across a range of different environments and disciplines; and
4. Apply professional standards in discussion and exhibit ethical and responsible values as they relate to all disputants, support people, lawyers and the dispute resolution practitioner.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
20 hours of on-campus interactive workshops, problem based learning activity and practicum.
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- 357JA Bachelor of Building and Construction Management
- MGB105 Bachelor of Business (Management)
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGSC01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- NPSC02 Bachelor of Forensic Studies/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCB101 Bachelor of Laws
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCSC02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business
- SCSC01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Laws
- NPSC01 Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Laws