Climate Change and Sustainable Business Futures (11318.2)
|Level:||Intermediate Unit Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Business|
UC - TAFE NSW Northern Sydney, St Leonard's
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MR Brian WEIR (Ph: +61 2 62012001 ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MR Brian WEIR (Ph: +61 2 62012001 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Winter Term MR Brian WEIR (Ph: +61 2 62012001 ) INTENSIVE
UCI - SVKM's Institute of International Studies, Mumbai
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Global Pathways Program Semester 1 MR Brian WEIR (Ph: +61 2 62012001 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2019, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (184630) - View
- HKBU Trimester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, HKBU (192181) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, NSI-SL (191652) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184629) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Climate change is a contested and significant contemporary issue contributing to and arising from business relationships and interactions with the natural, social and financial worlds. This unit provides students with an understanding of climate change and the development of sustainable futures for business in Australia and
globally. The Unit examines recent policy, planning and management responses to climate change, including individual enterprise initiatives and forms of government intervention designed to achieve sustainable businesses.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the concept of sustainable business;
2. Understand and critically assess the inter-relationships between businesses and their natural, social, cultural and economic environments and how these affect business's sustainable futures;
3. Understand and analyse the implications of climate change for business in Australia and globally; and
4. Evaluate planning and management strategies, policies and industry practices designed to mitigate and / or adapt to climate change and thus to produce more sustainable futures.
One 2 hour lecture and one 1 hour tutorial on-campus per week.
Completion of 24 credit points.
9469 Climate Change and Sustainable Business Futures.
- MGB105 Bachelor of Business (Management)
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGB401 Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business
- MGMG01 Bachelor of Sports Management/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- ARMG02 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- ARMG01 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management