Complexity in Early Parenting PG (11314.1)
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Midwifery|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Marjorie ATCHAN (Ph: +61 2 62015107 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 DR Marjorie ATCHAN (Ph: +61 2 62015107 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185735) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Using a woman-centred approach this unit draws on midwifery, medical, pharmacological and other theory and research to significantly develop the student's midwifery knowledge and skills required to assist women and/or babies who are experiencing complexity during the postnatal period. The student will demonstrate integration of knowledge and skills through their work with women to address complex postnatal situations. This unit is designed to assist the student in forming useful midwifery relationships with women when they require extra midwifery and medical care.
This unit is co-taught with 11296 Complexity in Early Parenting.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply an advanced understanding of midwifery, medical, pharmacological and other theory as it applies to the provision of care for ill or 'at risk' women;
2. Apply an advanced understanding of midwifery, medical, pharmacological and other theory as it applies to the provision of care for ill or 'at risk' babies and infants;
3. Evaluate how to address the complex needs of ill or 'at risk' women and their babies; and
4. Interpret and communicate specialised knowledge of complex neonatal physiology and adaptation in the postnatal period.
- UC - Canberra, Bruce
Three hours of on-campus seminars, workshops and flexible learning per week.
11311 Women in Labour and Beyond PG.
Must be enrolled in HLM001 Master of Midwifery Practice.
11296 Complexity in Early Parenting