Growing a Family PG (11312.1)
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Midwifery|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Marjorie ATCHAN (Ph: +61 2 62015107 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Marjorie ATCHAN (Ph: +61 2 62015107 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (195543) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184812) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is designed to assist students form woman-centred relationships in the early parenting phase to encourage optimal postnatal physical and psychological health. Students will gain the necessary knowledge and skills to assist women, their partners and support people to integrate their new babies into the family and the community. Students will examine frameworks that encourage women and their families to recognise their right, and to accept their responsibility, to fully participate in their health care.
This unit is co-taught with 11335 Growing a Family.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically analyse, understand and apply theory and research in their work with well women, babies and families in order to contribute to healthy parenting;
2. Demonstrate an in-depth understanding, from a midwifery perspective, of the experience of mothering and being a family;
3. Evaluate the skills required for working with well women and their babies in the postnatal time; and
4. Apply the concept of salutogenesis to midwifery work with women in the postnatal period.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2020
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2020
Three hours of seminars, workshops and flexible learning on-campus per week.
Enrolment in HLM001 Master of Midwifery Practice.
11335 Growing a Family.