Frameworks for Midwifery PG (11309.1)
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Midwifery|
This unit examines professional, ethical and legal frameworks underpinning midwifery practice. Content is directed toward enhancing student abilities to critically analyse and develop a reasoned position to selected issues.
This unit will be co-taught with 11302 Frameworks for Midwifery.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Explore the influence of personal and professional values on decision making;
2. Examine the regulatory frameworks that underpin midwifery practice;
3. Analyse and apply ethical frameworks to midwifery practice;
4. Analyse and explain the law as it applies to complex midwifery practice; and
5. Apply ethical theories and principles in resolving complex midwifery dilemmas.
Six hours of seminars, intensives, tutorials and flexible learning on-campus per week.
Enrolment in HLM001 Master of Midwifery Practice.
7951 Ethics and Law for Health Professionals AND 11302 Frameworks for Midwifery.