Taxation Law (11293.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Law School|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184079) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The areas examined include the Australian taxation system, Australian taxation law, concepts of income and deductible expenses; and administration of the taxation system.
This unit may be co-taught with a G version of the unit.
On successful completion students will be able to:
1. Explain and discuss the basic principles of selected taxation laws;
2. Use legal reasoning to apply taxation law to analyse and solve legal problems;
3. Critically analyse material from a variety of sources and apply written communication skills to produce a coherent piece of advice for a hypothetical client, outlining the likely legal consequences of certain transactions and events in selected areas of taxation law.
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- NPSC02 Bachelor of Forensic Studies/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCB101 Bachelor of Laws
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCSC02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCSC01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Laws
- NPSC01 Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Laws