Legal Advice Clinic (11291.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Law School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Maree SAINSBURY (Ph: +61 2 62015797 ) INTERNPLCE 2020 Winter Term DR Maree SAINSBURY (Ph: +61 2 62015797 ) INTERNPLCE 2020 Semester 2 DR Maree SAINSBURY (Ph: +61 2 62015797 ) INTERNPLCE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (194844) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (190056) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (190057) - View
- Winter Term, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (192590) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (184081) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Students will attend the Legal Clinic and assist a registered practitioner in a variety of tasks, designed to enhance the student's contextual understanding of the law and legal system through exposure to real legal problems. These tasks may include:
- Client interviewing
- Conducting legal research to respond to client need
- Drafting letters of advice
- Preparing materials for community legal education through the clinic
- Policy and reform work arising out of issues presented at the clinic.
This unit may be co-taught with a PG version of the unit.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply legal principles to tasks under supervision of a licensed legal practitioner;
2. Conduct research to solve a real legal problem;
3. Reflect on the study and practice of law; and
4. Successfully communicate their reflections or research through a presentation.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2020
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Winter Term, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
Three hours of clinical placement per week.
This unit is only available to students in a Bachelor of Laws course.
Students must have passed 48 credit points of study before seeking permission from the Unit Convener to enrol.
8892 Legal Advice Clinic
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- NPSC02 Bachelor of Forensic Studies/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCB101 Bachelor of Laws
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCSC02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCSC01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Laws
- NPSC01 Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Laws