Corporations Law (11280.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Law School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Benedict SHEEHY (Ph: +61 2 62015770 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (202525) - View
- Winter Term, 2020, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (199070) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (190046) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184091) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to understand all basic principles of corporations law likely to be encountered in practice including those relevant to: the incorporation process and constitution; duties and liabilities of officers; rights and remedies of members/shareholders; corporate contracts and corporate liabilities and tort and crime; corporate finance and fundraising; corporate insolvency and winding-up. The students will also be able to analyse and apply these principles in complex factual situations to reach rational, reasoned legal conclusions.
This unit may be co-taught with a G version of the unit.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify and explain the essential features of corporations law;
2. Critically analyse law reform proposals and policy issues associated with corporations law; and
3. Use legal reasoning and critical analysis to apply the law to solve corporations law problems.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Winter Term, 2020
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
One 2 hour lecture and one 1 hour tutorial on campus per week.
This unit is only available to students in a Bachelor of Laws course.
Students must have passed 11251 Foundations in Law and Justice AND 11277 Contract Law.
6631 Government and Corporate Contracting PG
7587 Public Companies Law PG
9690 Corporate Law and Practice PG
7024 Corporations Law
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- NPSC02 Bachelor of Forensic Studies/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCB101 Bachelor of Laws
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCSC02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCSC01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Laws
- NPSC01 Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Laws