Law and Justice Internship Extended (6cp) (11268.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Law School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Summer Semester MS Doris BOZIN (Ph: +61 2 62068366 ) INTERNPLCE 2020 Semester 1 MS Doris BOZIN (Ph: +61 2 62068366 ) INTERNPLCE 2020 Winter Term MS Doris BOZIN (Ph: +61 2 62068366 ) INTERNPLCE 2020 Semester 2 MS Doris BOZIN (Ph: +61 2 62068366 ) INTERNPLCE 2021 Summer Semester MS Doris BOZIN (Ph: +61 2 62068366 ) INTERNPLCE 2021 Semester 1 MS Doris BOZIN (Ph: +61 2 62068366 ) INTERNPLCE 2021 Winter Term MS Doris BOZIN (Ph: +61 2 62068366 ) INTERNPLCE 2021 Semester 2 MS Doris BOZIN (Ph: +61 2 62068366 ) INTERNPLCE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (190774) - View
- Winter Term, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (190775) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (190778) - View
- Summer Semester, 2019/20, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (190776) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (189899) - View
- Winter Term, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (190769) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (184113) - View
- Summer Semester, 2018/19, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (191782) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Students are required to undertake an internship placement of 150 hours under the supervision of a professional practitioner in an appropriate workplace in the law and justice sector. Students will be exposed to and involved in the processes of applying practical skills and knowledge, including analysis, research, problem-solving and writing. Each student is required to analyse and reflect on the organisation and law and justice in action by preparing a research report, maintaining a reflective journal throughout (reflecting critically on their field of study) and produce a presentation highlighting skills obtained and/or skills to be honed, on his/her placement.
There will be at least three compulsory (assessable) workshop sessions held on campus where students will be exposed to preparing for an internship; generic and personal skills required; awareness; professional practices; relevant theories and services of the UC Careers office. Students would build on the professional planning modules in Foundations of Law and Justice.
This unit may be co-taught with a PG version of the unit.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Evaluate and report on the relationships between discipline specific theories and actual professional practice through self-directed learning;
2. Analyse discipline specific related practices and identify how these relations could be improved, including reflecting on how social and ethical issues in the workplace impact on practice;
3. Work individually and in groups to communicate their experiences both orally and in written form, with confidence and clarity; and
4. Apply practical skills, including analysis, research, problem solving and writing in a law or justice workplace to solve a real legal or justice problem or problems.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Winter Term, 2020
- Semester 1, 2020
- Summer Semester, 2019/20
- Semester 2, 2019
- Winter Term, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
- Summer Semester, 2018/19
An internship placement with industry totalling 150 hours and three workshops (pre, mid and post internship) of 1-2 hours each.
This unit is only available to students in a Bachelor of Laws or Bachelor of Justice Studies course.
Students must have passed 48 credit points before requesting enrolment in this unit.
Enrolment must approved by the Unit Convener and is dependent on the availability of a suitable placement.
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- NPSC02 Bachelor of Forensic Studies/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCB001 Bachelor of Justice Studies
- SCNP01 Bachelor of Justice Studies/Bachelor of Forensic Studies
- SCB101 Bachelor of Laws
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCSC02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCSC01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Laws
- NPSC01 Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Laws