Current Issues in Law and Justice (11263.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Law School|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (192359) - View
- Winter Term, 2019, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (189891) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit examines selected issues in law and justice. It is offered as an elective unit to LLB and B Justice students, and may be associated with an overseas study tour in either Summer or Winter term. The unit's content will thus vary from semester to semester depending on the interests and availability of staff. The approved offering for each term will be advertised to students in advance of its availability.
This unit may be co-taught with a G version of the unit.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Explain the working of relevant laws in the selected field, the policy behind the law and its place in the system of justice;
2. Explain the implications of legal issues in the selected field, including where relevant international obligations in that field; and
3. Critically analyse and solve problems in the selected field and to explore particular topics in the selected field in depth.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Winter Term, 2019
- Internship/Placement,possibly with On-Campus Activities (INTERNPLCE)
- On-Campus Activities (Optional) and Online Content (FLEXIBLE)
- Winter Term, 2019
20-25 hours total for the teaching period in various modes of delivery and as a mix of lectures, briefings and site visits.
This unit is only available to students in a Bachelor of Laws or Bachelor of Justice Studies course.
Students must have passed at least 36 credit points, including unit 11251 Foundations of Law and Justice.
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- NPSC02 Bachelor of Forensic Studies/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCB001 Bachelor of Justice Studies
- SCNP01 Bachelor of Justice Studies/Bachelor of Forensic Studies
- SCB101 Bachelor of Laws
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCSC02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCSC01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Laws
- NPSC01 Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Laws