Law and Justice Internship (11253.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Law School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Summer Semester MR Greg BOLAND (Ph: +61 2 62012327 ) INTERNPLCE 2021 Semester 1 MS Doris BOZIN (Ph: +61 2 62068366 ) INTERNPLCE 2021 Winter Term MS Doris BOZIN (Ph: +61 2 62068366 ) INTERNPLCE 2021 Semester 2 MS Doris BOZIN (Ph: +61 2 62068366 ) INTERNPLCE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (202510) - View
- Summer Semester, 2020/21, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (203623) - View
- Semester 2, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (191456) - View
- Winter Term, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (191470) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (191455) - View
- Summer Semester, 2019/20, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (197315) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (189886) - View
- Winter Term, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (190642) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (184066) - View
- Summer Semester, 2018/19, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (190641) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Students are required to undertake an internship placement of 75 hours under the supervision of a professional practitioner in an appropriate workplace in the law and justice community OR complete a project to meet workplace requirements. Students will be exposed to and involved in the processes of applying practical skills, including analysis, research, problem solving and writing in a law or justice workplace.
Each student is required to analyse and reflect on the study and practice of law and justice, including by preparing a research report or producing other work as required and maintaining a reflective journal throughout (reflecting critically on their field of study). They will also produce a presentation highlighting skills obtained and/or skills to be honed, on his/her placement.
This unit may be taught with a PG version of the unit.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply practical skills, including analysis, research, problem-solving and writing in a law or justice workplace;
2. Conduct research to solve real legal or justice problem/s;
3. Reflect on the study and practice of law and justice, including how social and ethical issues of the workplace impact on practice; and
4. Successfully communicate their reflections or research through a presentation.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Summer Semester, 2020/21
- Semester 2, 2020
- Winter Term, 2020
- Semester 1, 2020
- Summer Semester, 2019/20
- Semester 2, 2019
- Winter Term, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
- Summer Semester, 2018/19
The number of scheduled contact hours per week for clinical placement is flexible.
This unit is only available to students in a Bachelor of Laws or Bachelor of Justice Studies course.
Permission is required from the Unit Convener. Students in a Bachelor of Laws must have passed at least 48 credit points and students in a Bachelor of Justice Studies must have passed at least 36 credit points before requesting enrolment this unit.
7053 Student Law Internship
Work Integrated Learning
Placement and Internship
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- NPSC02 Bachelor of Forensic Studies/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCB001 Bachelor of Justice Studies
- SCNP01 Bachelor of Justice Studies/Bachelor of Forensic Studies
- SCB101 Bachelor of Laws
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCSC02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCSC01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Laws
- NPSC01 Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Laws