Policy in Social Context (11248.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra School of Politics, Economics and Society|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Heba BATAINAH (Ph: +61 2 62068362 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (194252) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Policy in Social Context expands students' knowledge of developments in the field of public policy and the impact of policy on people. Focusing on contemporary policy problems, students will define, analyse and apply these theoretical lenses against the background of a range of societal influences. The unit examines the complexities of the policy process in its political and social context. This subject will engage students in the analysis and evaluation of both the policy process and social policy outcomes.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Explain and evaluate the key theories and concepts developed by public policy scholars for understanding the policy process;
2. Evaluate the effectiveness of the policy processes in Australia;
3. Examine and evaluate a range of contemporary social policy issues;
4. Apply theories to real world policy scenarios to critically examine the ways in which policy is created and applied in context;
5. Collaborate on a policy analyses, utilising research and referencing and communicate the results effectively in writing; and
6. Reflect upon their unit experience, including theories, discussions and feedback, and how it relates to the goals set out in their professional portfolio.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2020
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 1, 2020