Political and Social Theory (11243.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra School of Politics, Economics and Society|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Jean-Paul GAGNON (Ph: +61 2 62012497 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (194006) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184860) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
A direct engagement with the political and social theorists who help us make sense of, and ultimately challenge, our everyday reality.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Debate and compare concepts and arguments of political and social thinkers;
2. Analyse and evaluate some of today's key political and social problems;
3. Apply political and social theory concepts to create an argument that successfully addresses a key problem; and
4. Reflect upon your unit experience, including theories, discussions and feedback, and how it relates to the goals set out in your professional portfolio.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
One 3 hour seminar on-campus per week.
Must have passed 24 credit points.
- SCB201 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations
- SCSC02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCAR02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business
- SCAR01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCSC03 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCAR04 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- SCB302 Bachelor of Social and Economic Policy (Sociology)