Behavioural Science (11240.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra School of Politics, Economics and Society|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR John HAWKINS (Ph: +61 2 62012186 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193894) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184870) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This multidisciplinary subject unit uses insights from economics, psychology and policy research to study human behaviour and decisions under various contexts with particular emphasis on heuristics, beliefs, biases, risk and uncertainty, perceptions of fairness, happiness, and the effectiveness of conducting policy by 'nudging'.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply specialised economic and psychology concepts to identify, understand, and analyse behavioural issues; such as habit-formation, cognitive illusions, heuristics and biases;
2. Identify problematic patterns of behaviour, how they relate to standard economics assumptions and how to formulate policy responses;
3. Demonstrate an effective understanding of the experimental method in economics and psychology; and
4. Reflect upon their unit experience, including theories, discussions and feedback, and how it relates to the goals set out in their professional portfolio.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
One 2 hour lecture and one 1 hour tutorial on-campus per week.
11175 Introduction to Economics.
10084 Behavioural Economics.
- SCB201 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations
- SCSC02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCAR02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business
- SCAR01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCSC03 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCAR04 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- SCB301 Bachelor of Social and Economic Policy (Economic Policy)
- SCB302 Bachelor of Social and Economic Policy (Sociology)
- BM0007 Breadth Major in Economics
- BM0011 Breadth Major in Politics and International Relations
- MJ0308 Major in Secondary Society and Culture Teaching
- MJ0310 Major in Teaching Secondary Economics
- SM0034 Specialist Major in Economic Policy
- SM0030 Specialist Major in Politics and International Relations
- SM0035 Specialist Major in Sociology