Superannuation, Retirement and Estate Planning (11229.2)
|Level:||Advanced Unit Level|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Business|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 PROF Milind SATHYE (Ph: +61 2 62015489 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184859) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills to develop more complex financial planning strategies for wealth creation, protection and preservation. Students will be able to evaluate alternative strategies and justify the appropriateness of recommendations in terms of meeting client needs. The focus will be on retirement planning, superannuation as a strategy and estate planning, this unit is designed to meet the Australian Securities and Investments Commission requirements for knowledge, skills and integrity at an appropriate educational level relative to the types of activities graduates undertake.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a solid understanding of relevant legal and professional requirements;
2. Recommend various strategies after analysing clients' financial situation;
3. Explain the importance of wealth creation, wealth protection and wealth preservation in retirement and estate planning;
4. Evaluate the impact of economic, client and regulatory changes on the effectiveness of superannuation, retirement and estate planning strategies; and
5. Evaluate the financial situation of the client in order to recommend suitable strategies relating to superannuation, retirement and estate planning.
One 2 hour lecture and one 1 hour tutorial on-campus per week.
11228 Introduction to Personal Financial Planning.