Superannuation, Retirement and Estate Planning (11229.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 PROF Milind SATHYE (Ph: +61 2 62015489 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (202696) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198288) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184859) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills to develop more complex financial planning strategies for wealth creation, protection and preservation. Students will be able to evaluate alternative strategies and justify the appropriateness of recommendations in terms of meeting client needs. The focus will be on retirement planning, superannuation and estate planning.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a solid understanding of relevant legal and professional requirements;
2. Recommend various strategies after analysing clients' financial situation;
3. Explain the importance of wealth creation, wealth protection and wealth preservation in retirement and estate planning;
4. Evaluate the impact of economic, client and regulatory changes on the effectiveness of superannuation, retirement and estate planning strategies; and
5. Evaluate the financial situation of the client in order to recommend suitable strategies relating to superannuation, retirement and estate planning.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
One 2 hour lecture and one 1 hour tutorial on-campus per week.
11228 Introduction to Personal Financial Planning.
9988 Superannuation, Retirement and Estate Planning