Revenue Law (11221.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Law School|
UC - Global Business College of Australia, Melbourne
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 MS Carole GREY (Ph: +61 2 62015799 ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 MS Carole GREY (Ph: +61 2 62015799 ) FLEXIBLE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191529) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (184863) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, GBCA-MELB (184862) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184861) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit provides students with a basic knowledge of key elements of the Commonwealth taxation system. In particular, the subject focuses upon the Commonwealth income tax. The fringe benefits tax and goods and services tax (GST) are also covered in this unit.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Explain, in writing and/or orally, the specific operation of Australian tax laws and the basic principles underlying these laws; and
2. Analyse the tax laws and apply the principles and concepts to factual situations to solve basic tax problems.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2020
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Task 1: In-class Test No.1 (Diagnostic Assessment) - Mandatory Item (10% )
- Task 2: Group Assignment (Collaborative problem-based scenario analysis and individual reflection) - Mandatory Item (25% )
- Task 3: In-class Test No. 2 (Problem-based scenarios analysis – exam preparation) - Mandatory Item (15% )
- Task 4: End of Semester Examination – 2 hours - Mandatory Item (50% )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2020
- UC - Global Business College of Australia, Melbourne
- UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
One 2 hour lecture and one 1 hour problem based learning activity.
11220 Business Law OR 11251 Foundations of Law and Justice.
Knowledge of the Australian legal system and institutions.
11288 Intellectual Property, 6279 Taxation Law and Practice G, 7037 Introduction to Taxation Law and 7229 Introduction to Taxation Law G.
6417 Revenue Law.