Advanced Management Accounting (11219.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Peter GRAHAM (Ph: +61 2 62012734 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197703) - View
- HKBU Trimester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, HKBU (192180) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (184867) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, GBCA-MELB (184866) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184865) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit has been designed to enhance students' critical analysis, interpretation and problem solving skills; and to contextualise student learning in real world strategic management accounting practice. The unit deals with strategic issues in management accounting and in particular the contribution that accountants make in business to strategic planning and decision-making, management control, performance management and sustainability. The unit embraces wider strategic, inter-organisational, global and cross-cultural issues and it focuses on change and adaptation and value creation through knowledge production and innovation.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Describe the changing role of management accountants, globalisation and the international convergence of management accounting;
2. Analyse the link between organisational structure, strategy and planning and management accounting and control systems;
3. Analyse the role of contemporary and innovative management accounting and control systems tools in organisational value creation;
4. Evaluate management control system attributes in realistic organisational settings, and recommend improvements to existing control systems; and
5. Critique the implications of sustainability performance measurement and reporting.