Advanced Management Accounting (11219.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Monir MIR (Ph: +61 2 62015841 ) FLEXIBLE
UC - Global Business College of Australia, Melbourne
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Monir MIR (Ph: +61 2 62015841 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, GBCA-MELB (202640) - View
- Semester 1, 2021, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (204018) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197703) - View
- HKBU Trimester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, HKBU (192180) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (184867) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, GBCA-MELB (184866) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184865) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit has been designed to enhance students' critical analysis, interpretation and problem solving skills; and to contextualise student learning in real world strategic management accounting practice. The unit deals with strategic issues in management accounting and in particular the contribution that accountants make in business to strategic planning and decision-making, management control, performance management and sustainability. The unit embraces wider strategic, inter-organisational, global and cross-cultural issues and it focuses on change and adaptation and value creation through knowledge production and innovation.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Describe the changing role of management accountants, globalisation and the international convergence of management accounting;
2. Analyse the link between organisational structure, strategy and planning and management accounting and control systems;
3. Analyse the role of contemporary and innovative management accounting and control systems tools in organisational value creation;
4. Evaluate management control system attributes in realistic organisational settings, and recommend improvements to existing control systems; and
5. Critique the implications of sustainability performance measurement and reporting.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
- UC - Global Business College of Australia, Melbourne
Three hours of a 2 hour lecture and a 1 hour tutorial on-campus per week. Lectures will be in 'flipped' style. Tutorials will constitute problem-based learning through forming small sub-groups of 3-4 students within a tutorial group.
11213 Management Accounting
6253 Management Accounting PG.
6395 Advanced Management Accounting.