Accounting Systems and Practices (11212.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Global Business College of Australia, Melbourne
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Angela TAN-KANTOR (Ph: +61 2 62015143 ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Angela TAN-KANTOR (Ph: +61 2 62015143 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Angela TAN-KANTOR (Ph: +61 2 62015143 ) ON-CAMPUS
UCI - SVKM's Institute of International Studies, Mumbai
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Global Pathways Program Semester 2 DR Angela TAN-KANTOR (Ph: +61 2 62015143 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Global Pathways Program Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, SVKM (192565) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184623) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, GBCA-MELB (192186) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (187906) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to the techniques and processes required to produce financial statements for a simple entity. Topics include the use of accrual accounting in preparing journal entries for a range of transactions and events, as well as utilising principles of internal controls. These topics provide the basis necessary to complete the next unit in the financial accounting stream.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Analyse and apply financial accounting principles and concepts when dealing with structured information;
2. Apply the use of accounting controls, journals and systems;
3. Prepare financial reports for simple entities using accounting software; and
4. Reflect on the professional skills that accountants have to possess and display.
One 2 hour lecture and one 2 hour tutorial on-campus per week.
11009 Business Decision Making.
6222 Accounting Systems & Practices G.
6360 Accounting Systems and Practices.