Cost Benefit Analysis (11208.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra School of Politics, Economics and Society|
UC - Global Business College of Australia, Melbourne
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Sarah YU (Ph: +61 2 62015468 ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Sarah YU (Ph: +61 2 62015468 ) FLEXIBLE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, GBCA-MELB (204338) - View
- Semester 1, 2021, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (203955) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193785) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184605) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit provides an investment analysis of the viability of social and economic projects or programs with a view of informing and guiding decision making. Cost benefit analysis uses microeconomic theory to determine whether society will be better off or worse off in aggregate if a particular project goes ahead. Particular attention is paid to incorporating the non-monetary costs and benefits of a project.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Write a Cost Benefit Analysis report that is suitable for public policy; and
2. Explain the principles behind cost benefit analysis.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- UC - Global Business College of Australia, Melbourne
One 2 hour lecture and one 1 hour tutorial on-campus per week.
11175 Introduction to Economics.
This unit requires prior exposure to basic microeconomic principles and theories, which are covered in the pre-requisite Introduction to Economics.
6353 Project Evaluation and Management.
- MGB104 Bachelor of Business (International Business)
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGB302 Bachelor of Commerce (Business Economics)
- MGIT01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGSC01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts