International Economics (11207.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra School of Politics, Economics and Society|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 DR John HAWKINS (Ph: +61 2 62012186 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 DR Craig APPLEGATE (Ph: +61 2 62012713 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184619) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit studies the principles of international trade and their application to the Australian economy. This unit aims to give students a comprehensive knowledge of current issues in international trade and provide the tools for thinking about policy responses to these issues.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Explain the different theories of international trade and the assumptions underpinning each of them;
2. Demonstrate the impacts that different trade policies will have on both overall welfare and income distribution; and
3. Demonstrate the effects of macroeconomic policies in an economy that is open to international trade flows.
One 2 hour lecture and one 1 hour tutorial on-campus per week.
11175 Introduction to Economics.
Some Microeconomics and Macroeconomics as covered in Introduction to Economics.
6408 International Economics.
- MGB104 Bachelor of Business (International Business)
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGB302 Bachelor of Commerce (Business Economics)
- MGIT01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGSC01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business