Asia Pacific Business (11206.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra School of Politics, Economics and Society|
UC - Global Business College of Australia, Melbourne
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 DR Ben FREYENS (Ph: +61 2 62015143 ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 DR John HAWKINS (Ph: +61 2 62068363 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (195828) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191528) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit is an interdisciplinary study of the economic and business environment of the Asia-Pacific region that examines the interactions and development of economies of the region over time, the special factors affecting different countries and areas, the structure of industry and ownership, government-business relations, and the impact of globalisation and regional trade and investment as well as prospects for emerging international business.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply specialised business and economic concepts to analyse competitive strategies and business decision-making in the Asia-Pacific and South East Asia regions;
2. Demonstrate advanced knowledge of the complex structures and workings of major economies such as Japan, China, South Korea, India and the ASEAN countries in connection with appropriate economic concepts and ideas;
3. Demonstrate an effective understanding of the economic development of Pacific Basin economies in a comparative fashion with reference to appropriate models and theory; and
4. Identify the sources of financial, currency, and economic crises in the Asia-Pacific region and how governments of the region adjusted to these crises.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
One 2 hour lecture and one 1 hour tutorial on-campus per week.
11175 Introduction to Economics AND 11204 Introduction to International Business.
- MGB104 Bachelor of Business (International Business)
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business