Innovation Management (11202.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 MS Diane PHILLIPS (Ph: +61 2 62063815 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189963) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit equips students with the ability to recognise the link between new technical knowledge and/or market knowledge and the potential to transform to a commercial enterprise. Applying constant innovative and creativity theories, models and practices. To establish a small-scale student orientated project which will form an integral resource for this unit.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify and differentiate genuine business opportunities from 'good' ideas;
2. Critically apply a PESTEL analysis to examine environments the businesses operate within;
3. Create a unique service, knowledge, produce or process and demonstrate the skills needed to manage the start-up, survival and growth phases of a new venture;
4. Explore and analyse the important elements in formulating and evaluating a business, and marketing plans, a financing strategy and social media strategy;
5. Analyse the driving forces behind creating and building value in a new venture; and
6. Investigate and apply for funding and source information and assistance that may be able to help with the development of your business opportunity.
Three hours of on-campus lectures and interactive workshops per week.
- MGB101 Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship & Innovation)
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business