Entrepreneurship in Government and Large Organisations (11200.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 MS Diane PHILLIPS (Ph: +61 2 62063815 ) FLEXIBLE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (203932) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197873) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
For many established businesses, the ability to identify and effectively respond to new opportunities is increasingly central to their success, and indeed, survival. However, organisations draw on approaches and practices common to entrepreneurial start-ups to help them identify new market opportunities, innovation and to identify and respond to these opportunities. This is sometimes called 'intrapreneurship'. The aim of this unit is to provide students with insights into the intrapreneurship process. It does so by giving them a WIL experience and work collaboratively across different aspects of government and big business.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Distinguish the key features of the intrapreneurship process within a range of established organisations (Profit, Non-profit and Public sectors);
2. Articulate, pitch and present innovative ideas to a professional audience in both written and verbal forms;
3. Translate global key insights about creative innovative practice for intrapreneurship into practice in your own organisation or industry;
4. Lead innovation and manage change and reflect on practice within an organisation; and
5. Explore innovative practice using technology virtual team and identify the steps that could be taken to improve the effectiveness of virtual teams.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2021
On-Campus Activities (Optional) and Online Content (FLEXIBLE)
- Assessment 1: Literature Review (25% )
- Assessment In Pairs: A Report Comparing One Public Service Department/Agency Plus One Large Corporate Private Business with an Entrepreneurial SME. (50% )
- Assessment 3: Provide a 8-10-minute reflective YouTube video on your assessments work and learning about entrepreneurship in government and large organisations (25% )
- On-Campus Activities (Optional) and Online Content (FLEXIBLE)
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2021
Three hours of on-campus lectures and interactive workshops per week.
7934 Global Entrepreneurship
Work Integrated Learning
- MGB101 Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship & Innovation)
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- HLB103 Bachelor of Health Science
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business