Entrepreneurship in Government and Large Organisations (11200.1)
|Level:||Intermediate Unit Level|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Management|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MS Diane PHILLIPS (Ph: +61 2 62063815 ) ON-CAMPUS
For many established businesses, the ability to identify and effectively respond to new opportunities is increasingly central to their success, and indeed, survival. However, organisations draw on approaches and practices common to entrepreneurial start-ups to help them identify new market opportunities, innovation and to identify and respond to these opportunities. This is sometimes called 'intrapreneurship'. The aim of this unit is to provide students with insights into the intrapreneurship process. It does so by giving them a WIL experience and work collaboratively across different aspects of government and big business.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Distinguish the key features of the intrapreneurship process within a range of established organisations (Profit, Non-profit and Public sectors);
2. Articulate, pitch and present innovative ideas to a professional audience in both written and verbal forms;
3. Translate global key insights about creative innovative practice for intrapreneurship into practice in your own organisation or industry;
4. Lead innovation and manage change and reflect on practice within an organisation; and
5. Explore innovative practice using technology virtual team and identify the steps that could be taken to improve the effectiveness of virtual teams.
Three hours of on-campus lectures and interactive workshops per week.
- MGB101 Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship & Innovation)
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business