Industry Project (11197.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 DR Doug JACKMAN (Ph: +61 2 62015896 ) PROJECT
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The primary aim of the unit is to provide students with an opportunity to demonstrate through actual practice that they can undertake an organisational capability review process in an agreed organisational setting that is consistent with the majority of the requirements of the capstone module.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Curate evidence of professional practice acquired throughout their course to demonstrate learning development and critically reflect on the application of their learning and development in their professional lives;
2. Demonstrate clearly and professionally in a range of modes appropriate to their discipline and profession;
3. Apply planning and management innovation to organizational organisational change (including issues of inclusion, ICT and internationalisation) using cognitive, technical and creative skills;
4. Apply the principles of evidence-based management and HR analytics to decision-making in relation to contemporary challenges in workforce management;
5. Demonstrate a capacity to advocate and support ethical, socially responsible and sustainable business decisions in a complex organisational environment and demonstrate a high level of personal autonomy and accountability;
6. Apply experience in professional management of work and organisation demonstrating skill, creativity and initiative in new situations; and
7. Apply theory of industry best practice in the analysis of a contemporary challenge in a case study organisation.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2020
Research Project with Possible Instruction or Attendance (PROJECT)
- Project Plan (The project plan is worth 15 marks )
- Literature Review (The literature review is worth 25 marks )
- Pitch for Change (The Pitch for Change is worth15 marks )
- Industry Project Report (The Industry Project Report is worth 25 marks )
- Reflective Analysis (Each part of this assessment task is worth 10 marks for a total of 20 marks )
- Research Project with Possible Instruction or Attendance (PROJECT)
- Semester 2, 2020
A semester-long industry project with associated 'set meetings' with the unit convener as set facilitator and other students in the unit as set members.
Must have passed 30 credit points.
A broad and in depth knowledge of the theory and practice of human capital management and human resource management.
- MGB103 Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management)
- MGB105 Bachelor of Business (Management)
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business