Organisational Behaviour (11189.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Marjan ASLAN (Ph: +61 2 62012136 ) ON-CAMPUS
UCI - SVKM's Institute of International Studies, Mumbai
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Global Pathways Program Semester 1 DR Marjan ASLAN (Ph: +61 2 62012136 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Global Pathways Program Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, SVKM (198815) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197913) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184577) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is designed to assist students in gaining an understanding of the theories and concepts relating to individual and group attitudes and behaviour at work. The unit looks at concepts such as perception, attitude, mood and emotions, decision-making, leadership, power and organisational politics. Student gain a better appreciation of the challenges of managing people in contemporary organisations.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Explain the theory and concepts of organisational behaviour including developments in this field of study;
2. Apply dimensions of the competencies and behaviours of a professional including being a culture and change leader and curate evidence for a learning portfolio, reflect critically on learning and development relevant to the student's professional life;
3. Apply and advocate for elements of sound ethical principles and the use of an array of HR metrics in evidence decision-making associated with key aspects of organisational behaviour;
4. Explain the factors driving organisational change, changes in the future of work and the workforce (including inclusion, ICT and internationalisation) and discuss the implications for organisational behaviour in the workplace;
5. Explain research in organisational behaviour and its application in a selected organisational context and identify how positive organisational behaviour can enhances employee wellbeing and job performance; and
6. Demonstrate clearly in writing the results of research and analysis of organisational behaviour in a dynamic organisational context.
- UC - Canberra, Bruce
- UCI - SVKM's Institute of International Studies, Mumbai
- MGB103 Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management)
- MGB105 Bachelor of Business (Management)
- MGB107 Bachelor of Business (Service Management)
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- BM0041 Breadth Major in Business Innovation for Technology
- BM0014 Breadth Major in Human Resource Management
- BM0001 Breadth Major in Management
- BM0016 Breadth Major in Service Management
- MJ0309 Major in Teaching Secondary Business Studies
- SM0022 Specialist Major in Human Resource Management
- SM0024 Specialist Major in Management
- SM0026 Specialist Major in Service Management