Service Design Project (11188.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
Service Design Project is a response to the growing importance of service in a rapidly changing economic landscape and the subsequent requirement to understand how organisations and businesses can adapt, survive and prosper in this new environment. Students conduct an applied project on an existing service, business, or industry, to analyse it from a service perspective and develop recommendations concerning its competitive future. Students will be required to draw upon and utilise appropriate concepts, ideas, and service theory to inform their analysis. Students will gain experience in conducting real world research that will equip them with the confidence and experience to successfully investigate and evaluate service businesses and ensure their ongoing success.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Plan an investigation into a service, a service business, or service industry by integrating a range of relevant service concepts or theory;
2. Collect and analyse appropriate primary and/or secondary data;
3. Develop conclusions based upon relevant findings;
4. Utilise evidence to justify recommendations; and
5. Communicate recommendations to stakeholders.
Three hours of on-campus interactive workshops per fortnight.
11184 Service Management AND 9 credit points from: 11043 Introduction to Interaction and User-Centered Design; 11176 Marketing Fundamentals; 11178 Consumer and Buyer Behaviour; 11185 Service Operations, Technology, and Interfaces; 11186 Service Systems, Transformation and Wellbeing; 11187 Business Models and Value Creation; 11189 Organisational Behaviour; 11190 Indigenous and Cultural Entrepreneurship.
- MGB107 Bachelor of Business (Service Management)
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business